BSEA provides investor access to a diversified set of global companies that develop technologies, manufacture equipment or provide services related to marine or ocean decarbonization.
- The maritime industry currently accounts for ~3% of global carbon emissions and faces intensifying regulatory efforts to reduce them.4
- Big companies including Amazon, Ikea, and Unilever signed pledge to only move cargo on ships using zero-carbon fuel by 2040.5
- Companies involved in developing and commercializing these technologies could benefit from the growth of new sector initiatives aiming to reduce the environmental impact of the global maritime sector.
- The global nature of shipping means that the necessary investments will come from many different regions, making the maritime decarbonization space a global market.
About the Fund
The ETFMG Breakwave Sea Decarbonization Tech ETF (BSEA) seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the price and yield performance of the Marine Money Decarbonization Index. The Index is designed to reflect the performance of companies involved in developing and commercializing these technologies that could benefit significantly from the growth of new sector initiatives aiming to reduce the environmental impact of the global maritime sector, which counts more than 100,000 vessels.
About the Index
The Marine Money Decarbonization Index (MMDI or the “Index”) tracks the performance of the equity securities of a diversified set of global companies that develop technologies, manufacture equipment or provide services related to marine or ocean decarbonization. These companies are involved in cleaner propulsion (including alternative fuels, batteries, and fuel cells), carbon capture technologies and offshore wind development. The Index was developed and is maintained by Maritime Transformation Partners, a collaboration between Marine Money, Breakwave Advisors and Sea/Switch Partners. An investment cannot be made directly in an Index.
Shares of 2020 CO2 Emissions From Transportation* and Country Exposure
Did You Know?
- Net-zero carbon emissions will require $50 trillion of investment by 2050.**
- The International Maritime Organization, a UN body, has implemented a strategy to reduce CO2 emissions in the maritime industry 70% from 2008 levels by 2050.***
as of 12/3/2022 6
Last Updated 12/3/2022
ETFMG Breakwave Sea Decarbonization Tech ETF
Nav Price Change
Median Bid/Ask Spread (30 Day) (%)
Market Price Close
Market Price Changes
Month End Performance
Last Updated 11/30/2022
|Since Inception Cumulative||-11.28||-10.71|
|Since Inception Annualized||-9.54||-9.05|
Quarter End Performance
Last Updated 09/30/2022
|Since Inception Cumulative||-24.36||-25.07|
|Since Inception Annualized||-23.79||-24.49|
Performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance of the Funds may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. All performance is historical and includes reinvestment of dividends and capital gains. Performance data current to the most recent month end may be obtained by calling 1-844-ETF-MGRS (1-844-383-6477).
Top 10 Holdings
Last Updated 12/3/2022
|Name||% Total Assets||Ticker||Shares Held||Market Value USD|
|CARGOTEC OYJ||5.23%||CGCBV FH||2,751||$117,359.77|
|TECHNIP ENERGIES||5.21%||TE FP||7,259||$116,911.69|
|KONGSBERG GRUPPEN||4.91%||KOG NO||2,657||$110,238.59|
|NEL ASA||4.41%||NEL NO||63,808||$99,097.56|
|YARA INTERNATIONAL||4.40%||YAR NO||2,144||$98,752.85|
|HEXAGON COMPOSITES||4.36%||HEX NO||32,714||$97,800.50|
|ALFA LAVAL AB||4.30%||ALFA SS||3,258||$96,643.41|
|OCI N.V.||4.29%||OCI NA||2,348||$96,408.11|
|WARTSILA OYJ ABP||4.26%||WRT1V FH||10,868||$95,635.19|
Fund holdings and sector allocations are subject to change at any time and should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell any security.Premium Discount Chart
as of 12/3/2022 6