GERM is designed to give exposure to the biotech companies directly engaged in the testing and treatments of infectious diseases. Focused on advancements with targeted exposure to the forefront of R&D, vaccines, therapies and testing technologies.
- From Jan. 2011 to Jan. 2018 there were 36 epidemic events in the U.S. alone.1
- New reports indicate the value of the global* human vaccines market is expected to grow to $72.5 billion by 2024, representing a CAGR of 11.2% from 2016 to 2024.2
- There are 20 combined pandemics and epidemics affecting the world today.3
Variations of Coronavirus have been medically documented in approx. 9 instances since 1965.4
About the Fund
The ETFMG Treatments, Testing and Advancements ETF (GERM) holds U.S.-listed companies engaged in and at the forefront of R&D, vaccines, therapies and testing technologies.
The Fund’s investment objective seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the price and yield performance of the Prime Treatments, Testing and Advancements Index.
About the Index
The Prime Treatments, Testing and Advancements Index (the “Index”) is an Index of Prime Indexes, a division of Level ETF Ventures LLC. The Index has been created to provide investors with a reference measure that enables them to track both event-driven news and long-term trends of companies engaged in developing treatments and vaccines, or diagnostic technology, in the fight against infectious diseases.
The Index is designed to include the securities of companies engaged in performing research, development and commercialization of treatments, vaccines or biological testing for infectious diseases. These companies are known collectively as “Treatments, Testing and Advancement Companies.”
1. World Health Organization, “Managing Epidemics”, page 22: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/managing-epidemics-interactive.pdf?ua=1
2. Vaccines and Vaccination conference series, Transparency Market Research, June 2020, Market analysis: https://europe.vaccineconferences.com
3. World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/en/
4. “The Scientist”: A Brief History of Human Coronavirus 6/2/2020: https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/a-brief-history-of-human-coronaviruses-67600
5. World Economic Forum white paper, “Outbreak Readiness and Business Impact Protecting Lives and Livelihoods across the Global Economy”, in collaboration with Harvard Global Health Institute, Jan. 2019 http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF%20HGHI_Outbreak_Readiness_Business_Impact.pdf
Prime Indexes creates financial indexes that solve problems for both professional and self-directed investors. Prime Indexes are used as the basis for innovative new investment solutions for investors and use intuitive design principles so that new investment products can ultimately provide low-cost, efficient, and convenient access.
For more information, visit primeindexes.com
Reynold A. Panettieri, Jr., MD – Vice Chancellor, Translational Medicine and Science, Director, Rutgers Institute for Translational Medicine and Science
Reynold A. Panettieri, Jr, MD, is Professor of Medicine, Vice Chancellor for Translational Medicine and Science at Rutgers University, and the Director of the Institute for Translational Medicine and Science. Previously, he was the Robert L. Mayock and David A. Cooper Professor of Medicine in the Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division of the Department of Medicine, and served as Deputy Director of the Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine where he remains Professor Emeritus.
Dr. Panettieri is the recipient of numerous honors and awards, including the Robert E. Cooke Memorial Lectureship at the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting, the Joseph R. Rodarte Award for Scientific Distinction and the Recognition Award for Scientific Accomplishments from the American Thoracic Society (ATS). He is also an active member of national professional and scientific societies including the American College of Chest Physicians and ATS; in 2013, he was elected Chair of the Respiratory Structure and Function Assembly of ATS. Dr. Panettieri served as chair of the NIH Lung Cellular, Molecular, and Immunobiology Study Section, is a member of the NIH Distinguished Editorial Panel, and is a member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation and Association of American Physicians.
Dr. Panettieri is principal investigator on several NIH-sponsored grants and industry-sponsored clinical studies, is director of a program project grant examining novel approaches in modulating G protein-coupled receptor function, and is the Principal Investigator of the CTSA Hub entitled ‘New Jersey Alliance for Clinical and Translational Science’. He is the author of over 475 peer-reviewed publications.
Dr. Panettieri manages the comprehensive clinical care of patients with asthma and is engaged in clinical investigations focused on the management of asthma and COPD.
- Fund: Powered by first to market methodology targeted to capture advancements in the infectious disease sub-sector of biotech.
- Growth Theme: The frequency and diversity of disease outbreaks, similar to COVID-19, have grown steadily for the past 30 years.
- Investor Appetite: Organically attracting next gen assets with early investor adoption of the GERM investment theme.
- Index: Designed to capture unique sector growth through vertically integrated key players focusing on the race of a vaccine.
1 CFP credit available.
Last Updated 8/8/2020
ETFMG Treatments Testing and Advancements ETF
Market Price Changes
Market Price Close
Nav Price Change
Month End Performance
Last Updated 07/31/2020
|Since Inception Cumulative||26.64||27.28|
|Since Inception Annualized||-||-|
Quarter End Performance
Last Updated 06/30/2020
|Since Inception Cumulative||13.74||14.12|
|Since Inception Annualized||-||-|
Performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance of the Funds may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. All performance is historical and includes reinvestment of dividends and capital gains. Performance data current to the most recent month end may be obtained by calling 1-844-ETF-MGRS (1-844-383-6477).
Top 10 Holdings
Last Updated 8/8/2020
|Name||% Total Assets||Ticker||Shares Held||Market Value USD|
|EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS INC||5.54%||EBS||32,289||$4,218,880.74|
|BIO RAD LABS INC||5.01%||BIO||7,285||$3,818,287.05|
|ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC||4.81%||ALNY||25,521||$3,663,029.13|
|QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC||4.68%||DGX||28,482||$3,566,231.22|
|LABORATORY CORP AMER HLDGS||4.62%||LH||18,236||$3,521,553.96|
|VIR BIOTECHNOLOGY INC||4.22%||VIR||61,711||$3,210,823.33|
Fund holdings and sector allocations are subject to change at any time and should not be considered recommendations to buy or sell any security.
ETFMG Adds Biotech to their Thematic ETF Lineup with GERM